Since 1977, Rubadue Wire Company has been supplying custom engineered solutions to the electronics and magnetic winding industries.
Rubadue invented triple insulated wire and since that time has been the leader in high temp and high performance winding wire. We continue to offer innovative solutions to help designers of magnetic components meet the ever-increasing demands for smaller and more efficient products. Following the acquisition and integration of Kerrigan-Lewis, Rubadue is able to offer a wider range of Litz Wire products in both extruded and non-extruded options to better meet customer requirements.
Litz wire is made of several strands of enamelled magnet wire that are bunched or stranded together. It is used where losses caused by the skin-and proximity effect on a single wire are too high due to the operating frequency. At the same time the operating temperature is reduced by its use. Litz wire has much greater mechanical flexibility than a single wire with the same cross-section.
- Individual Wire Size Range: 50 AWG (0,02mm) to 12 AWG (2,05mm)
- Total Number of Wires: From 2 wires to over 5,000 wires
- Total Conductor Diameter: Overall twisted diameter up to .325” (8,3mm)
- Temperature Class: From 155°C up to 220°C
Optional Coatings: Nylon Serve in Single or Double layer Extruded Insulations Such As: ETFE, FEP, PFA
- Other options available. Contact factory for more details.
- UL recognized component per OBMW2 File #: E190291
UL recognized component per OBJT2 File #: E206198
- Rubadue Litz Wires are approved for use with many Electrical Insulation Systems. Contact factory for more details.
- Inductive heating elements
- Power supply units
- Renewable energy
For more information about how Rubadue Wire can support you with custom engineered litz wire solutions, please contact us today.
Basic (1 layer), Litz wire, DuPont™ Teflon® FEP Insulation, Single Insulated Wire
Wire Category: Litz